Tuesday, May 1, 2012

4/23/12


Hello!
Dalton Bradshaw is his name. and his parents name Dwayne and Denise Bradshaw.  He said he thinks he knows them too. funny.
So the work is great, we have spent almost 100% of our time trying to find a house but we had a baptism this week! Gustavo is his name and he was so ready to be baptized. He stopped drinking coffee for no reason one week before he even got to know the church. Miracle for sure. We are teaching a lot , and people are opening up there doors to us. We are 4 hours from the mission home, and Elder Jeffery R Holland is coming to our mission this week! It's going to be awesome! I have never shook the hand of an apostle before. at least I don't remember haha like I didnt think I ever went to Disneyland.
We have to move because the owner of the house is ripping us off. haha We are paying way to much for the house that we have.
So only one baptism happened, and the others are trying to not happen, but we are working really hard to prepare our investigators to be baptized.
Anyway the work in this ward is going. We have 4 cities in our area. 4 times the size of any other area I have had on the mission. I will have tons of work and will never run out of doors to knock. I am sure you already found out this on the mission, but the best way to get baptisms is to just be super happy. People open doors and are so much more open about their lives.
For sure I will keep an eye out for the packages.
Sharks are terrible but that's good that I wont miss them winning:)
We will be able to Skype for mothers day, I just don't know when yet because I will have a new comp. I will have to talk to him and plan everything but I think I will try to do it Sunday, mothers day at night
My stomach is great now! everything is normal and I haven't had any issues. I am living in a cleaner place now so I have a lot less problems.
the pictures didn't work again, but it is a problem with the computer not with Costco. I will keep trying. I sent 6 during the week because I was already uploading pictures to show to President Gonzaga about the house.
This week wasn't too exciting. Every single day we looked for a house but we cant find anything cheap enough. Also our new chapel had an open house so we spent a lot of time at that too. It is huge and nicer than our chapel at home.
funny story... we played basketball today, and a member that is 40 years old or so thought he was so good. The court had a lot of dust because of the construction so he tried to pass one of the defenders and fell on his face. He thought he broke his face, but it was fine. Just a bruise. I have to keep the tradition of someone ALWAYS getting hurt when playing church basketball hahahaaha
love you guys and hope you have a good week
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment