Sunday, July 15, 2012

6/25/12



Hello family and friends!
I am doing great and I am in the area called Colina which is the neighbor of Tabuleiro which is the neighbor of Benedito. Basically I am just serving in a line here in Maceió. Its really funny, but it will be good when you guys come so I can show you all of my areas that are so close to each other. I am sending pictures right now. Also my companion is giant too. He is 6 4 and is 300 pounds. hahaha everyone is scared of us! We are doing well together. Hopefully people will let us in even though we are a little scary.
Well nothing that exciting happened this week. Some funny things...
we had to carry two boxes of 20 book of Mormons to my old area. As a district leader I have to make sure the other missionaries in my district have the supplies necessary to teach. So we carried a 20 pound box while it was raining with an umbrella. haha that is ridiculous. 
Also just like you guys see squirrels in CA that is how often we see monkeys. They are they same thing pretty much. 
This ward is really good, and everyone wants to help. It is good to have an area like this. The first one! 
also something funny... we talked to some parents of a kid that plays volleyball professionally in São Paulo. They said they would give me all of the contact information to try out and see if I could play and study there haha. I don't think I will but maybe I would go there just to see if I could make the team. Don't worry, I will come back to BYU still. ha
anyway, love you guys and hope everyone is praying every night and day. I know that it sounds simple or insignificant but it really does change our day. I have seen it in so many people.
love you ALL
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment