Saturday, October 27, 2012

10/15/12

Hello!
Glad to hear that your trip went well. Did you see anyone else that I know?
Sad that BYU lost, homecoming always should be a win, or everyone just gets really sad.
That is cool that there are tons more interviews to go on a mission. I don't even think President is even thinking about this yet, usually its me that has to worry about these types of things for him. I will talk to him to see what he thinks, but there are tons of missions in the world, I don't think it will be that huge of a difference in each mission. Unless they aren't spread out evenly.
I don't think I would mind staying longer here, but I miss working. I miss sweating and being tired all of the time. At home I was always like this because of sports, and on the mission too from walking a ton. Now, I am in an office all day and my brain just hurts. I think I am ready to get out in the sun and work again.
Today we played volleyball for 3 hours this morning, after we did a division so Elder Bonini and I could play volleyball with Elder Pajaro (my ex comp). So we RAN to their chapel, which was 15 min or so, and we played 2 more hours of volleyball. Not sure how I am still awake, but I know I will be sore when I wake up tomorrow.
That mini preach my gospel is awesome! I haven't used it yet, but i just like to look at it haha.
Anyway, this week went well. We helped the APs with a baptism this Saturday. We did a division, to get the clothes and fill the font. The only problem is that there wasn't any water in the chapel.... You cant baptize anyone without a ton of water. So, I decided that the fire hose would be a fun try. Unfortunately it didn't have water (I really wanted to use the fire hose). So we had to think fast because there were just 2 hours until the baptism. We called the sisters (the same chapel where we played volleyball today) and they had to run to the chapel and start filling the font. The water is super slow here, so they started to fill it with buckets! hahahaha I felt so bad for them, but it was cool that they sacrificed a little bit of energy for a good cause.
At church we had a new investigator, whose mom doesn't like the church. He already tried to be baptized a year ago, but now he is back to finally do it. He already knows everyone in the church, and he played volleyball with us too! We just need to talk to his mom....
Anyway, I am happy. And I know that serving other people makes us happier than any other thing. If you ever have a hard time with something, just help someone else and you will forget all of your problems. One thing that Jesus Christ did better than anyone else.
Love you all!
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment