Saturday, October 27, 2012

10/8/12

Hello!
Conference was awesome! the only problem is that I was a little tired during the Sunday sessions. I think I listen with a different perspective. They spoke a ton about missionaries this time. At least 5 or 6 talked about the missionaries on Saturday. It was crazy to here that the missionaries will be even younger now. The weird part, is that it was already like that here in Brazil. The age was 18, and I think it was the same in other foreign countries. Not sure why the US wasn't allowed to do it too.
One of my favorite talks was from Robert C Gay I think.  When he talked about stealing the 20 cents that he stole at the movies. His dad burnt him saying that you would sell your soul for 20 cents? I thought about how that could have destroyed his confidence for the rest of his life, but really just taught him a lesson that he remembered for the rest of his life. and then he talked about justification. Also, the one from Jeffrey r Holland was awesome! when he talked about how Jesus asked if Peter loved him 3 times. 
Glad that I was able to watch the whole conference, but I had a hard time concentrating during the priesthood session because it was so late here. 
Anyway, things are going well, just working hard as usual. I watched it in Portuguese. 
You are going to a women's volleyball game too? that should be really fun, they are doing really well. Aren't they undefeated?
Funny that you wrote about emergency transfers, there is another one today. We aren't having more p days because of all of these transfers. Usually I don't know exactly what happened, but we always have some idea depending on who is being transferred. Everyone has a rep, and the elders that aren't the most obedient we already know what happened. This one is one of those transfers, because a zone leader is being a junior companion now. The last transfer was to help a new missionary that didn't have a trainer very enthusiastic to say the least. As secretaries we pretty much know everything that happens on the mission. 
I think a banner for the mission president is a good idea. Do you have the logo? I will send it to you anyway, but I think they would really like that. 
I haven't gotten the envelope yet, it should get here soon.
There should be a wave of incoming missionaries in a few months, maybe president will keep me here to help with the transition. 
Braydon is 17 right? I think it would be better to go right after high school, because you don't have to interrupt school. But it was really good to go for a year and start. I don't know, just glad that it doesn't affect me very much. I am already here!
I will look up the best hotel for you guys. I think it will be on the beach, because there aren't very many hotels inland. But, it will only be 10 minutes from the mission office.
This week went well, we had no time to work this week thanks to conference and the work in the office, but if everything goes well we will baptize this Saturday haha. I don't even know how we find these people, but he is a man that has 3 kids with 2 women. He was pretty lost when he was younger and said that he loved conference. The date is for this Saturday. Also, to add to all of our work, we will go to sergipe tomorrow to do a leadership meeting. That takes up two of our days, but it should be really fun. 
Forgot to tell you! the couple missionary got here on Friday. The first Brazilian couple missionary in the missions history. They will help with the district of the mission that is in lagarto, sergipe. 
Should be cool to see them work.
Anyway, love you guys and hope everything is going well with everyone. Got Crawford's email and I was laughing when I read it. Glad to know that they are still praying for me!
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment