Saturday, October 27, 2012

9/25/12

Family! and Friends!
You guys are so spoiled. Going to Hawaii and doing all those things. The weather there is probably exactly how it is here. It is always 85 and there are flashes of rain every once in a while. It's fun to live in this weather.
Was church in Hawaii different? The whole congregation sang to you guys or just the missionaries? That would be different experience serving in Hawaii. Everyone in the ward there were Samoans? Funny, it should be a lot like brazil, 2 white americans with a bunch of islanders. One thing that Brazil makes a missionary do. You HAVE to talk to everyone with a ton of energy. You guys will see the difference. It seems like Americans are so boring when you compare a Brazilian talking with you. I am sure it was a little bit like that in Argentina.
That is weird that there are tons of chickens and roosters everywhere. Are you allowed to eat them? Its free food basically. haha
One thing that they don't have here is luau. They barbecue a ton here, it just doesn't go underground like they do in Hawaii.  
Today we played volleyball in the morning, and elder pajaro (my ex comp) came with three other missionaries. Elder Willis was there who is the trainee of my trainees trainee, or I am not sure if you guys had families in your mission but my great grandchild haha. He is tall and white we ended up playing us two against everyone. He played in high school, so we were just bombing on everyone. It was the first time that I had someone at my side that could actually play well.
After, we rested a little and we just got back from an all you can eat pizza place. :) that was awesome. The pizza in the US is way better, but I don't even taste the difference anymore. I am already half Brazilian. Also not sure if I told you guys but I think I lost my phobia of hair. Since I have been in this area, my comps have cut my hair. the razor on the sides and scissors on top. Lets just say that my hair doesn't look very good, but it doesn't even matter. Actually they do well, and I have already cut some peoples hair too. It's to gain trust in our companionship I think.
This week went pretty well. Since it is a little hard to leave the office and teach, I was able to teach three people that came in. 2 of them were trying to sell internet to us and they asked me about the church. The other was a receptionist that works here, and she was pretty interested I think. We set up a time to meet and go to church with her, but I think she forgot/didn't want to go.
There were some visitors at church, but we will only teach them later this week. So many excuses we had to just mark it for later in the week.
The mail strike doesn't really affect anything here. They have less people working at the same time, but they all rotate. Really its just another way for them to have holidays. Work one day and rest 3 or something like that. We are still getting letters and packages here. There is no problem with anything. Found out that if you send anything with the price higher than 50 dollars you will have to pay a tax when the package gets here. Maybe the missionary moms would like to know that. I haven't gotten the envelope yet, but you will know when I do.  
So, some things that happened this week. We went to another chapel to help with an open house because it was being dedicated. That was fun, but there were so many homosexuals there. The young women complained to us because there aren't enough guys to date! I was shocked. haha
We are doing well here, still working the same. I designed a temple recommend holder that we will give to all the missionaries, and right now I am making a christmas cd for the mission. Some extra projects to plan.
Love you guys!
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment