Saturday, October 27, 2012

10/1/12

Bom dia!
This week went pretty well, finally we had a little calmer week, but on Friday president decide to do an emergency transfer. When we thought we would be able to do everything normally this weekend and work a little bit, we had to do the transfer. It happened today, but we had to call everyone and buy the tickets for them to get here and go back. There were 8 that were transferred. That's the biggest emergency transfer that I have had since I have gotten here. It was fun, and its cool knowing about everything that happens on the mission. 
we are teaching a man named Wellinton and he will be baptized on the 13th. He is cool, but we have only taught him once. He went to church, but works every other Sunday. We are trying to help him out.
Just got an email from Dan, he just said "I am coming home on Halloween!" haha he said he is freaking out too. 
And no.... I haven't measured since I have been here. I already know that I am way bigger than EVERYONE here and I just say that I am 210. In centimeters obviously. Maybe one day I will find a tape measure and see what I am at now. 
On the temple recommend holders, we put a picture of Jesus cleaning the apostles feet, and on the other side it has Matthew 20 28 with the mission logo. I think it should be cool. wW already ordered 300 of them.
So, this week wasn't that exciting, there was just an emergency transfer. That's always fun, and this week there will be a few meetings for the mission leaders. AND this Friday a missionary couple will come to our mission! that will be really cool because it has been so long since our mission has gotten a couple. They are from São Paulo, and they will help out the district in our mission. Should be fun to get them at the airport! 
We went to McDonalds today. I think it is better here than it is there. It was fun, it opened yesterday so there was a huge line and no one knew what was going on. 
Vou falar um pouquinho de português agora. Faz tempo que não escrevo. Sempre penso em Otav quando eu escrever em Português. Mas, estou muito feliz por estar aqui em brasil e por ter ajudado muitas pessoas. Sei que felicidade só vem através a obediência, porque Deus é o nossa fonte de alegria. Amo vocês e sou muito grato pelo apoio que vocês me dão. 
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment