Monday, September 17, 2012

8/27/12



Hello!
We taught a ton this week! we had 5 lessons, which is the most that we have ever done since we have been in the office. So, a usually day looks like this: we wake up and do some exercises and eat. Then we study until 10 and go to the office. We do some work in the office then go to eat at 12 or 12 30. After we go back to the office and stay there until we finish our work for the day. Usually for me I end at 6 and try to help out the financial secretary because it is a lot of work (or he doesn't know how to manage his time, but I don't know). I took pictures of the apartment already, just is annoying to carry the camera to the office because I don't even use a bag anymore, but I am taking pictures. 
I haven't renewed my visa because I haven't received confirmation from São Paulo yet. When they send an email I will get my papers ready and I go. 
I don't think I can spend a week visiting my areas. 4 of my areas are neighboring, and I don't even know what to do for a week. If they get sealed, which maybe wont happen, maybe we could go during that week. I think I will only need 3 days to visit my areas. The only problem is that Sergipe is 4 hours from here and we would have to drive or fly to get there to visit my other area. We don't have to go there though. You want to go to the CTM? I don't even know what there is to do in São Paulo. I agree with the falls and with visiting Argentina. That will be cool for me to test out my Spanish haha. not sure if you want to visit Sergipe. Its a way cleaner and prettier city, so we could do something there if you want.
Also, there is an elder here that ends his mission the same day, and his parents are coming to get him. Maybe we will plan a barbeque with some members on the 25th so we can all be together. I don't know.
You can throw in a toothpaste. I like crest and it doesn't exist here. I don't think I need anything right now. Maybe some little candies to eat, like hard candy jolly ranchers or some type of candy. I am always sitting on the computer so I need something to do. Candy is the best thing!
That's cool that you guys are starting volleyball already. Today we played volleyball and there were about 20 people that came to play. Almost all of them were terrible, but it was still fun. I cant wait to get back and play with people that actually know how to play. 
After we went to a place called chef chu with is a Japanese Chinese food place. We had all you can eat sushi and Chinese food! I never thought that I would eat this type of food here! I was so happy to go there. So some funny stories, we have two extra mattresses in our house, because some people slept there during the conferences. Anyway, we have been playing some games with them like human sandwiches. So we put one up against the wall and someone would stand there while the others rammed him with the other mattress. Elder pajaro didn't think, and when they hit his face ran into the back of elder Whitaker haha. It started to swell and he started to complain. It was one of the funniest thing that happened this week. We have to get creative to have fun here.
Faz tempo que eu não escrevo em português, então vou escrever hoje. Estou muito feliz por estar aqui nessa missão e sei que estou fazendo a melhor coisa durante esse período da minha vida. A mensagem que trazemos às pessoas no Brasil é especial e muda as vidas das pessoas. Também nos dá a felicidade que todos nós queremos alcançar. 
Amo todos de vocês 
Abraço!
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment