Monday, March 18, 2013

3/4/13

Hello!
It's not our job to keep the people active, but it ends up being our responsibility. The ward should take everyone that we baptize in and help them. It doesn't happen that very well here.... the ward right now is struggling a bit. The leaders are good, but the ward is full of a bunch of ancient members that don't want to do anything. The bishopric is trying to wake everyone up.
I don't need any more packages and feeding a warhead to a homeless guy was really good. He was hungry and I bet he had never gotten candy from anyone.
I am not sure about transport. Taxis will rip us off, I promise you. I think the best thing is to rent a car.  That is crazy that some hotels are booked. I think its because you guys are going to be here in the middle of one of the biggest parties in Brazil. São João. It's the second biggest losing only to Carnaval.
I want to go to Lake Powell.  It's just one week mom! and I will be with you guys for 3 months before I go to school. You have to share me!
I sent something to Dave, you can read it. I was really happy getting an email from him! Russia should be an awesome adventure for Alex. I heard that it is rough baptizing people there, but I am sure that he won't have a problem. Its going to be way different than Brazil, but I gave some advice about the language and in general.
You said that we might eat together with the Biddulphs right? we will find a good restaurant. Do you want to eat at one like Tucanos?
This week was full of adventures.
Funniest thing that has ever happened to me on my mission: we were teaching a lesson to a lady and we got a phone call. Elder Biddulph went to answer it and I stayed and talked with the lady. He stopped talking we ended the lesson and we left. When we got out he looked at me and said we need to talk! Our investigator that is 30 yrs old with 3 kids called him. She said that she wanted to go out with him after the mission!!!! he hadn't said anything on the phone, he was in shock. So we went back to the church for him to call her back and say no! Every reason he said why he wouldn't date her she didn't accept. I was laughing the ENTIRE day! she is old and LOVES Elder Biddulph hahahahahaha. That is the story of the year I think. He was so sad and disgusted and mad at the same time. You know me.... I was just laughing at him the whole day. I am still laughing every time I look at him. wow... that was funny.
There is a lady here that is the owner of the lan house about 40 yrs old and she is trying to sing in English. First, she can't sing. Second, she doesn't speak English. I am sure you can imagine how it is turning out. She killed the song "imagine all the people"
Anyway, I love you guys and hope you are excited to see me! I am coming back in no time! 
LOVE ELDER JAKE LANGLOIS

No comments:

Post a Comment